I just binge watched Gilmore Girls and in less than a month- and this is something I’m very proud of- finished the entire series. Yes, that’s right. I watched 7 seasons and the Year in Life Netflix special and I finished it all- in less than a month.
There were several things I enjoyed about the show- Kelly Bishop (Emily Gilmore) being my favorite. There were several moments when all I wanted was to stop watching it, I’m thinking Season 3 between Jess and Dean and Dean and Jess (if you are asking, I was Team Dean all the way- but that Logan fellow was pretty much meant to be). Although, in the revival, I was all about Team Jess. Never thought that would happen- but he’s turned out to be a pretty amazing dude, I would say. Anywhooo. 18 important life lessons I learned from Gilmore Girls:
- Life is really short, so talk fast.
As somebody who talks really fast- I really enjoyed watching Lorelei ramble on and on and on.
- When in doubt, or when bored, or when uncertain- drink.
- Dirty jokes are never not funny.
- Sometimes you need to stop planning the future and just live in the moment.
- Look out for silver linings
- Be yourself.
- Never be afraid to voice your feelings
- Take time out for yourself- to discover yourself and to find contentment within you.
- Just because you love him doesn’t mean he is good for you.(Read: Jess, then Dean and then Logan)
- Coffee is everything.
- It’s okay to hurt sometimes and cry into ice cream.
- Do not steal a yacht.Repercussions are your mother bailing you out of jail.
- Stop and smell the books!
- And always bring a book – wherever you go!
- Snow makes everything magical.
- Pop-culture references are EVERYTHING!
- You can’t control who you’re attracted to (Read- Jess, then a married Dean, then Logan, then an engaged Logan).
- Make sure your best friend can bake.