When packing for more than 3 days, we all have mental checklists of items to carry. These are the most basic items that we most definitely will need when we travel.
I’m a little OCD. If I could, I would carry everything- basically my whole house- with me. But, I can’t. Also, this is one of the reasons why I don’t think I’d ever be able to do any backpacking. Mostly, because a backpack won’t be able to hold the million things I travel with. But these items below, I can’t imagine travelling without!
- My passport. DUH.
- My camera. I love my camera- I’m an amateur photographer- who tried to listen to unlimited podcasts, read about photography and do a lot more research on improving my skills. I can’t imagine travelling without my DSLR.
- Earphones. I’m a very social person, but the best way for me to really enjoy a place is to put on some music and walk around like I’m in a movie singing that song. Are there any songs with Bollywood dance sequences I imagine myself in? Yes.
- A good book. As much as I love staring out of the window to the clouds, I love reading my romance novels. I always have a book (or two) that I carry for any trip.
- Diary and a pen. I like penning my thoughts on occasion. And my favourite muse is travel. I like to make incessant notes about my travel, or anything that inspires me to write.
- My little vanity bag. Umm. I like to look a little presentable when I’m travelling- or at least look like I’m making some effort. While, I’m not a beauty fanatic or know-it-all, there are a few things I simply can’t travel without:
– Neutrogena Facial soap
I’ve been using this baby since I was 15 years old, and needless to say, I’m still very loyal to it, mostly because it’s suited my skin really well and really done wonders for any funny zits around that time of the month.
– Shampoo and Conditioner
There are lots of people who are crazy about using and collection hotel shampoos and conditioners- I’m just not that person. I bought these tiny bottles that I keep refilling for every trip- but I carry my own shampoo and conditioner to keep my hair and scalp healthy and happy. *does a little hair flip* Currently, since the last 6 months, I’ve been absolutely obsessed with Lush’s Rehab shampoo and American Cream conditioner. So I carry them in little bottles everywhere.
– VICCO Turmeric cream
Most of you might not know this, but this is my miracle moisturiser for my face. And if you’re Indian and don’t know this- you are bizzzzzzare. My maternal grandma used to use it for as long as I can remember. I started using it after she passed away because it smelt like her- it’s been some 6 years, and I still love it. It’s like a little bb cream that works for my skin.
– Make up
Again, I’m not a beauty fanatic or genius, but I’m all for trying fun make-up brands. I’ll at any point have a lip colour, concealer, bb cream, blush, liner, mascara and highlighter in my make up bag. Although, I’d probably only use the lip colour- but I’d still carry it everywhere. The BEST lip colour to carry is Huda Beauty’s lip matte. They are amazing. They stay on the lips for FOREVER, so you don’t need to do any retouching and they are matte- just the way I like my lip colours!
– A bazillion hair ties
I think I have pretty much donated a hair tie in every single hotel I’ve ever been in.
- Sanitary Napkins- do I need to explain why?
- Crepe Bandage and other emergency first aid crap
I’m the clumsiest person ever. I’ve fallen and really badly bruised my knees in Moscow, my ankle in Goa, my knees again in Jordan, my ankle again in Singapore, my hand in Singapore, my knees in Kashmir, had an incredibly bad and viral case of warts on both my feet in Maldives (don’t ask- it was bad) .
What are somethings you can’t travel without? Let me know! Until then…