Geneva was voted Europe’s leading city break, dubbed as a shopping paradise, is one of the world’s safest cities, and is a favourite among Gulf travellers during the summer. Yet to be discovered this winter season, Geneva transforms into a winter wonderland.
Taking advantage of its lakefront location, experienced Clefs d’Or and unrivalled 150-year-old reputation, there is no better way to soak in what the city has to offer than by staying at the oldest hotel in Geneva, Beau-Rivage.
Here are some of the activities that are sure to enrich every discerning traveller’s experience:
- When booking a room in the city, visitors receive a free perk with a “Geneva Transport Card“, allowing them to use Geneva’s public transportation for the entire duration of their stays. The seasoned staff of Beau-Rivage will provide their visitors with a city exploration guide and the free transport card upon request.
- Mountain lovers can go all the way to Mont-Salève, the French side of the city, using their card, as it’s just a few bus stops from Beau-Rivage. An ideal spot for sports fanatics where they can choose to go hiking, paragliding and even cross-country skiing.
- Admire the magnificent view of Geneva and its surroundings from the Salève cable car.
- The award-winning Clefs d’Or of Beau-Rivage can arrange a scenic boat tour on the lake, organise a luxurious vehicle to take the travellers on a day-journey to discover the most spectacular villages for a grape-tasting experience or even have a unique drive on the lonely forest roads leading to the summit of La Barillette.
- Travellers can explore the open-air history of the region. The English Garden is just a few steps from the hotel, and there lies the famous Flower Clock and National Monument. Its paths are the perfect place for an idyllic stroll in the centre of the city where in winter it’s laden with Swiss food stalls and tasty treats.
- A few steps up from the old town is the Vieille-Ville, the largest historic town in Switzerland, dominated by St. Peter’s Cathedral, the symbolic location of the Reformation.with creative, modern fare from chef Dominique Gauthier.
With these recommendations of things to visit, the scenic, historic and serene city of Geneva is a must-visit destination in the winter. Nestled between white mountain peaks and a crystal-clear lake, the Swiss city is ideal for all seasons, as each brings with it attractions that will sure to make any getaway a memorable one.